Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Today Is A Keeper

OK - for as "brittle" my psyche was today, I told myself I was going to deal without leaving a wake. I think I succeeded :)

Last night I was chatting online with Plan A. After what I'd been through earlier, I didn't have the energy to take him out. I didn't feel like chatting either. Normally we can go on for hours. He apologized and really tried to cheer me up...asking about what I'd been cooking over the weekend, etc. While he screwed up, the misdemeanor, in and of itself, was not a felony. His error and my recent history, shot my patience through the roof. Anyway, he didn't know that, I spared him. I explained that, that, combined with my week thus far, really had me needing to go brood and get it out of my system so I could "get my happy back" today. The tactic worked.

Today was a perfect hair and teeny clothes day. People noticed. People commented. I had my cookie monster greeting this morning. I held a GREAT training session today with a couple of my team members. We even solved the world's problems with it. I knew, teaching the technique would wring them out and had promised them lunch. Had a nice lunch. I got to skip out of work a little bit early and absorbed the 66 degree weather. I stumbled across August Rush...at the grocery store no less.

Dinner was fabulous. I pulled off a great balance of tastes, colors and textures. (I'll post to "Kitchen" this weekend.) The wine was fabulous. I cheated with dessert and opted for the French Bakery to help me out. My daughter joined us before, during and after dinner and we all talked for hours. Just what the doctor ordered. Oh......and the vanilla promised to me a few years ago?....we're talkin' quart. I now have nearly a half a gallon of vanilla in my house - thanks to everyone, in the last three months either traveling to "vanilla zones" or making good on their promises. I really thought it was sweet that he'd remembered. Cookies and banana bread will abound. I'm going to have to take up custards next. :)

And Plan C was moved to tomorrow night and to my house. My social calendar is a buzz again....we all sorta took a hiatus during the Winter. Spring has sprung!

Yes, today is a keeper.

No comments: