Wednesday, July 04, 2007

July 4th

I appreciate my country and my independence. Thanks to all who have made it so.

Interesting mood this morning. I brooded a little - I'm not in Seattle. I'm almost ALWAYS in Seattle on the 4th. It felt weird not getting on an airplane after work last night. Next year the holiday is on Thursday and I'll be there - I'll make it so. Have fun my dear friends. I'll miss seeing you again.

I went to my friend's last night for dinner, another bunch came up (everyone wants to play with her new kittens). It was just weird knowing the date (4th of July) and seeing these people. Funny how traditions form, isn't it? And too....since I moved from Payson, I dropped the 4th of July party I'd always had. I only moved 20 miles.

It's still nice out this morning. I'm blogging on the patio. Next choice - walk to store or do some work work. I can work work inside when it's hot. I don't want to work today. But, if I do, then I don't have to this weekend. I need to be working on my Spanish - my next class starts next week. Kinda hard to practice well when the cats don't talk back. They do listen well though. The blackboard wall has been a help - I have today is, yesterday was, tomorrow will be type stuff up there and then the word/phrase for today.

Because of Mike's death, several of the people from the Seattle Times have been connecting again. It's nice to see how those I worked with and those that worked for me are all faring. Funny how time spreads people across the planet.

We sat on my friend's porch last night until very late. We could hear the deer clomping around her property. When I'm up there, I often encounter one or two hanging out near my car when I leave. We had a skunk stoll by too. And gratefully the bears her neighbors have seen have been relocated. I love the drive home on summer nights from there. Top down, mountain air, iPod blasting - a beautiful free feeling.

OK - that's my sensory download for today...time to get on with being off.

Enjoy your freedom today.

No comments: