Friday, July 06, 2007

Teri's All Nighter

7:30 pm -Plan to walk to Starbucks - ended up making coffee at home.

9:00 pm - Caffeine kicks in.

10:00 pm - Realize the curtin rod that had previously been up in the room was about 7 inches too short for the window (how did that work?). Head to Walmart. Rocking place on a Friday night.

I can tell I'm aging when the most excitement I had during my all-nighter was reading the stocker's (no, not stalker) T-shirt at Walmart: I (heart) Hot Moms. Well I'm a mom and the air was still a toasty 90-something. Also pick up green jello, grated cheese and blackberries.

10:45 ish - blogged some.

11:45 - Got the rod up. Think I tweaked a drill bit a little, but that's replaceable. At some point someone will teach me the finer points of drilling. For now, don't forget, I have a drill.

12:00 - Cats are blocking stairs in an attempt to make me go to bed.

12:05 - Tried to remember which room has my sewing machine. Then tried to remember how to set it up. (Sorry Mom.) Then tried to justify why I was going to sew with thread that didn't match. (Sorry Mom.)

12:15 - Measured rod, cut the fabric.

12:30 - Set up machine, couldn't find part, found part, managed to get the needle threaded despite being mid-40's. Wondered how my Mother made curtins for a living.

1:00 - Not sewing correctly. Give up. Cats cheer. Go to bed.

No comments: