Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pioneer Day

Today, in Utah, is Pioneer Day. A special day for the LDS members and a state holiday. For me, I lean toward the state holiday persuasion.

I did my chores on foot this morning.

I cooked up a storm today! Since I no longer have a houseful of people, I've been doing the cheese and crackers or nachos, bachelorette thing. The weather had cooled down and I used the stove and oven for a few hours and cooked enough food to last me a couple of months (between cheese and crackers and nachos).

My friends and I moved around between clusters and groups and all decended at another friend's tonight with dinner. We did a pajama party and watched TV for awhile and then ambled back to our own abodes. Short, sweet, fun. (Her husband was envious - he was out of town).

A little haha. My phone rang at one point while I was at my friends. I looked around confused. Everyone was there! Who in the heck would be calling? It was one of my daughters.

What a lovely day!

No comments: