Sunday, July 01, 2007

Just One More Thing

I've loved this song. It is performed (and perhaps written) by Sara Groves. A customer took me to her concert one time and then followed up with her CD as a gift. She's a "gospel" singer, (stay with me here), but more importantly she's hit life's little curve balls on the head and sings about them. This song rattles around in my head often. I try to use it as a guide for my behavior and keep its theme on my "want" list.

There's always just one more thing • There's always another task • There's always I just have one more small favor to ask • And everything is urgent and everything is now • I wonder what would really happen if I stopped somehow • • I'll be there in a minute • Just a few places to go • You wake up a few years later and your kids are grown • And everything is important • But everything is not • At the end of your life your relationships are all you're got • • And love to me is when you put down that one more thing and say • I've got something better to do • And love to me is when you walk out on that one more thing and say • Nothing will come between me and you • Not even one more thing • • There will never be an end to • The request upon your time • It's your place to stand up and tell the world • You've got to rest awhile • And everything is important • But everything is not • At the end of your life your relationships are all you've got • • And love to me is when you put down that one more thing and say • I've got something better to do • And love to me is when you walk out on that one more thing and say • Nothing will come between me and you • Not even one more thing • •

To hear it:

http://www.saragroves.com/lyrics/allrighthere/justonemorething.asp

No comments: