Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Drool

I saw this awhile back on La Tienda . But today I saw IT at the bookstore! I want it, I want it I want it. It is published by the same company as The Silver Spoon, - Phaidon. It is Spain's favorite cookbook (having been published in Spanish first). It has a 5-star rating. I must, must, must have it. "1080 Recipes is the definitive book on traditional and authentic Spanish home cooking, trusted throughout Spain for over thirty years. Written by Spain's best-loved food authorities, it showcases the fastest growing cuisine in popularity, with Spanish restaurants and tapas bars opening in cities all over the world. A bestseller since publication, 1080 Recipes has sold millions of copies in Spain. It contains 1080 recipes from all Spanish regions, covering everything from appetizers to stews, from vegetables to desserts. 1080 Recipes is designed by Javier Mariscal, the famous Spanish graphic designer and illustrator, and it includes over 200 illustrations he has created exclusively for this edition along with 100 specially commissioned photographs."

After "living" in Spain for a month - I have some definite favorites. And knowing the tastes possible from each of the of five different regions.....drool del dia!

No comments: