Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Mom

Today is the 15th anniversary of my mother passing away. Oh how I miss her! She was a very strong woman, with unflappable integrity and a hard worker.

She taught me that everything would always be fine, maybe not easy, but fine. And she taught me that fine is good enough. And she also taught me that if I wanted more than fine, expect to work for it. She taught me never to lie. She taught me never to write what I wouldn't want her to read (blogging would have blown her away - and yes, she would have approved of the Abercrombie posts). She was much loved and never tamed. She taught me to never give up and to always believe.

I do believe Mom. And it has never failed me. You have never failed me. Your actions and your words are still in play. You live in me today and you are living in my children - ALL of them. I see it in my grandchildren too.

You have given this world a legacy. Thank you.

3 comments:

Mama Durf said...

Amen.

Mama Durf said...

Thanks...I hope to learn from you...I had to change a few things as I was typing so as not to give out too much info...

Jules said...

hugs, jules