Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Heart Prints

I recycle envelopes. This one however, still had its adhesive, so I don't know why I peeked inside first.

I was packaging up the little red heart that I'm mailing to Joop. The heart is to replace the footprint pin that he passed onto another Pilgrim he met, who is about to embark on her own pilgrimage.

He feels it might be time to move beyond the Camino. I disagree. I think we were called to be there, to have met who we did and to tend to the physical and emotional Camino as it exists in Spain and in its pilgrims, past and future. I'm tending.

Back to the envelope...in it was a partially used package of stamps... 37 cent stamps with candy hearts on them.

My heart(s) go out to you my sweet friend. Thank you for letting me be your friend and for coaxing me all the way across Spain - even when sometimes it was only your voice in my head!

No comments: