Monday, February 04, 2008

Pay It Forward

If you haven't seen this movie...see it. See it again and see it again.

Pay It Forward reminds us to take what you have and give it way. It can be service, it can be pleasantries, it can be money, it can be time, it can be talent.

The Camino reminded me of this movie....hundreds of people cared for me (one was as simple kiss on my forehead because I was limping so badly. That's all she could offer). Some I will never know, some I have met and will never see again, some will never know exactly what they did for me and some, I have the privilege of thanking every few days or so.

If something bugs you - fix it. Do it very quietly and gently. Do it with an open and contrite heart. Make it better.

Shovel your neighbor's sidewalk, help someone with a task, try to do it before they feel the need to ask. Just do it.

The world will be a better place and you'll feel all shiny inside.

No comments: