Monday, February 18, 2008

Mardi Gras

One nice thing about being an adult is you can make things up as you go along. Case in point: The wine club wanted to celebrate Mardi Gras, but we couldn't all get together the weekend of the 3rd so we did this last weekend.

French wines, Gumbo, Ettouffe, Catfish Tacos, Dirty Rice, Cajun Cake, Kings' Cake.

Although I have lots of beads, no shirts were raised to earn them. LOL!

The group is growing and about half are beer drinkers. It is so much fun to get together each month. A few headed home around 10 PM. And the rest of us? 1:00 AM. And I really get a kick out of it when I get a text from my daughter: Are you coming home tonight? Hahaha - NO!

I spent the night at my friend's. Happy, a teeny bit loopey, and very, very tired.

1 comment:

Mama Durf said...

I love it when things come full circle...the "kids" checking up on you! lol