Saturday, February 02, 2008

Ground Hog Day

I love it when I am so sequestered that I get my "local" news from half way around the world. Case in point: It's 7:15 pm, February 2nd. I'm reading the blog of one of the women (please note that I am referencing just one of the women in this post) who decided she liked Spain so much she just MOVED there. Anyway - she managed to vote in the primary- which I think is just fabulous - it means you can love your home ground and love another ground without having to give up one for another. Me thinks that's even better than an elicit love affair.

Back to my story point - she was calling her mom this morning (from Spain to the US) got put on "wait" because it was time for Puxatwany Phil's annual Spring go / no-go report. I laughed out loud. Some things just take precedence.

So it was a shadow day meaning 6 more weeks of Winter. I gotta better plan. I'm planning an Ignore Winter Party. What to bring? Your favorite summer food and blooming silk flowers. And....and....and.... summer clothes. I'll crank up the heat and start a fire. We'll light up the room, show some skin, eat good food, laugh and p-a-r-t-y. I'll check calendars and get it booked. Anything that needs to be refrigerated will just shove into the snow bank!

2 comments:

Mama Durf said...

What a great idea for a party!!! Wish I had ideas like that...friends like that...a fireplace like that... :( Oh well, I guess I will just put up with the snow...

Teri said...

Come visit - we'll warm ya up!