Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday's Food Fare

Today I tried a curried deviled egg recipe. I couldn't find the recipe that I had seen the other day. I'll post this one if it passes the yum test. If not, I'll keep searching.

My daughter's fiance (don't ask) is in town this weekend so I did up the bread pudding again. Still and again easy and wowser!

Tomorrow I'm doing a fruity pork tenderloin and hopefully some knock 'em dead garlic potatoes.

The big challenge is, after I've found a recipe I want to try, is figuring out where I saw it or put it. I've taken to just sticking on the refrigerator. That way I can't miss it. For tidiness I need to add a folder to the cookbookcase and go to it. On the todo list.

I went to the local hoity toity grocery store last night. I say that because around here it is the bulk buying and cooking capital of the universe. So the food offering often caters to those cooking for a baseball team. The "special" store had membrillo, my Spanish cheeses, chipotle peppers, seafood stock, garam masala, etc. I found sunburst squash with little zucchinis the size of my little finger. A Whole Foods or Byerley's it isn't but it's close enough.

My cool find of the day was tomato paste in a tube. A lot of times I don't need a whole can, or I need a can and a half. Now I can squeeze out a tablespoon and put the lid back on it.

Just had some yummy sushi....yummy.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi, Teri!
I had the same problem with stacks of recipies. Always meant to tidy them up & it didn't happen. SO! I bought a couple of those cheap magnetic photo albums at the dollar store and slapped the recipes in there. One for those that passed the Yum test and one for the untested ones. That made me feel a little tidier.
Sharon

Invisi-Gal said...

Love paste in the tube! I use less and less of it because of the acidity, so the tube is perfect.
AS for recipe organization, forget it, I still stick them in between the dogeared pages of my tattered ancient Silver Palate!