Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Angel

My friend stayed at my house this weekend. After another trip to the ER, she's still not able to stay by herself. We do really well together so it has been a privilege rather than a bother. Tonight though, I was tired. I've worried, I've worked, I've Christmas prepped, I've had things to do for myself. I'm spent. I was out of ideas for dinner tonight - although the pantry and fridge are full.

And then, a pickup pulls up in the driveway. Out pops Dave with a huge holiday bag. Inside was a little piece of heaven...a full holiday dinner for the four of us: weanies in BBQ sauce, crackers, salmon, prime rib, buffalo roast, mashed potatoes, au jus, bread (homemade, I'll guess), baked beans, horse radish, homemade chocolate chip cookies, clementines, and two Utah truffles. And a whole lot relief for me. I'm (again) touched and appreciative.

Not only was it nice to catch a few minutes with him during the Holiday rush of families and friends, he got a chance to meet another work friend who had stopped by to check in.

How wonderful to be able to give AND receive. I feel very special.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another guardian angel watching over us....