Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Kitchen

I decided I wanted to try to make Honey Walnut Chicken for Christmas. Wow - the effort and result were worthy of the goose and turkey traditions. It took some work, but it was worth the time, the hot grease blister and the cleanup efforts.

I also made Fried Rice from a recipe (always have done it by the seat of my pants before).

Both recipes I got from the Internet, both I'm going to adjust just a little (there's GOT to be an easier way on the shrimp). We were pretty close to Nirvana though.

During dinner my daughter and I were talking about the effort. I said it would be a good "couples meal" to cook - all the effort and coordintion and all. She agreed the food was great, but also offered this: "Yeah, but sometimes it's better to just order it, have it delivered and get naked."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is wise beyond her years.... Laura

Anonymous said...

With Walnut Shrimp as a cooked in couples meal, you should always put the "get naked" at the end..... Deep frying un-clothed usually leads to painful results.

Mama Durf said...

Out of the mouths of babes....OMG I laughed soooo hard!!!