Saturday, December 01, 2007

Snow Play

A quick update and then I'm digging in to do my chore list - snow wasn't on it and I've let it guide my day thus far. I really don't want to be inside. It is beautiful and relatively warm outside - I want to PLAY!

I oogled, I awed, I sipped coffee and then shoveled my walks. About mid way though I realized my back was hurting very badly. One of two things - I hurt it using the shovel I hate anyway (I go for the generic flat type) or since it had been weathery, my sinuses were causing the pain. Some ibuprophen and sudafed seem to have done the trick - or at least help. I went back out and kept shoveling.

I have a little car - it gets around pretty good. I clean the driveway really well, especially after the plow guy does the street so that I don't high center. Today we played tag. He'd pass, I'd shovel, he'd pass again, I'd push some more to the sides. Finally he just plowed through my piles and shoved them down the street. And he came back and did it again. He rolled down his window and said "I"m trying!!". I thanked him profusely. I have the cleanest drive area of the whole area.

I wasn't going to allow any freakin back pain because I hadn't done my sledding yet. Now I have. About a dozen passes. I love going after the kids have started the tracks. Wheeeeeeeeee. A good run nearly knocks me into the sandbox.

Then...(see why I have nothing done inside the house???)...I make Cola Cao, grabbed two magazines and my santa hat and headed back to the park to sip and read. (One mag was to sit on.) The quiet of the air when it snows is so special. Yes, my pages got wet from the flakes, but who cares?

All I really want to do today is walk and take it all in.

No comments: