Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Mystery Date

A little jingle started running through my head this morning. "Are you ready for your Mystery Date?" The jingle was for a pre-teen board game. Circa 1970. I found a place online where the vintage game can be ordered. A full set, good condition now runs about $125.

Here's the promo for it: Hello! Are you ready for your Mystery Date? You will never guess where your going! A Picnic, a Formal Dance, Skating, the Beach you will just have to play the game to find out. You will never know where it is for sure until you open the door. Dressed for Skiing? Sorry, Your date was going for a Picnic! Better luck next time!

Do I want to be 10 again? Nope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this game. Wasn't there also a "Hunk" or a "Clunk" behind the door, or was that game called "Dream Date".. I wonder

Teri said...

Mystery Dates can have clunks behind the door....Dream Dates don't ;)