Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Camino Blues

The emails began to be quiet for awhile. They have ramped up again in the last week or so. The content, most likely holiday emotions driven, is wistful and longing. Many desperately want to convene again - somewhere, somehow. Most want to bring the Camino back in the forefront of our daily existance (it took years to plan and "merely" a month to complete). We seek the companionship we quickly matured on the trail - the secrets, the yearnings, the trust, even the exhaustion.

Joop is going to visit Siggy and Harald next month and will visit Marlena soon. I am envious and long to join them. I promised Juergen I would call over Christmas. Zammy, I remembered to send Chanukkah greetings. Denise is traveling. I need to check on Aliche and Dominique. And I can't forget Javier - I need to message his daughter again.

These people enhanced my year and I too, miss them deeply. And, I want to walk again too.

No comments: