Friday, December 28, 2007

Now You See Him, Now You Don't

Awhile back I posted about all my Houdini's. I was thinking about this today. A couple of things stirred this again...but it came into focus again last night when a man I dated a couple of years ago came on line and was chatting with me. He reminded me of his Houdini-ness.

Again...the repeating the all too familiar words of how wonderful I was, hoping that I wasn't alone, etc., etc. I hear this a lot.

Frustrated with the "Groundhog Day" performances, I asked him what his "why" was.

My national anthem repeated: I'm great, I'm wonderful, previous woman screwed him over and couldn't trust, wouldn't get close, didn't want to get hurt again, blah, blah, blah.

If I'm so great and I'm so wonderful, where's the damned parade? And if the previous lot of women were so f&%$*&# horrible to them, again, where's my damned parade?

And if I start adopting generalizations about men? Where is that going to take us all? Just down the dum dum path with no chance of a yellow brick road.

For God's sake - get over it, get on with it, come to the present and let some freaking happiness in. And for the record: Not every woman that wanders into your life is out to take you out nor tie you down. Sometimes you're just nice company AND somtimes love just happens. Go with the freaking flow.

Diatribe complete.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie - the RIGHT man will never turn is back on you. Those who have and will, aren't the ones.

Anonymous said...

Being a "Man" and all, I have to say I agree with the other "anonymous"..... it's the "go with the flow" part that is difficult.

Teri said...

OK - I feel so loved by..by...who are all these nice people commenting on my welfare and happiness?

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Anonymous, yes, Going along with the flow is difficult, but turning and going upstream, or getting out of the water, is even more difficult. - just "let it be"

Teri said...

Wowser - do I know what topic to expand on now ;)

With so much testosterone in/on the reader gallery, I'm betting the Valentine Monologues will spark some lively discussions as the estrogen prospective is so very, very, Venus.