Sunday, December 30, 2007

Rolling The Credits on 2007

I went for a walk today. I missed the really ferocious snow storm part, but I was able to walk while the wind was drifting the snow and the sky teased that it might get blue.

Bocelli played in my ear and I recalled Pavarotti blaring from the stereo while in the bar/alburgue in Lorca. I longed to be there again, speaking Spanglish with Jose. I remember hearing of Pavarotti's death on the Spanish equivalent of CNN early one morning while drinking my very first Cola Cao. I thik Jorge and Anna were there - must have been in Najera.

I swang in the swing at the park, noticing that I'd never felt the sensation of a snow drift beneath my feet when kicking off. I remembered my night of swinging there last year. Swinging in a snow storm conjures joy. Tesh played Winter Song for me.

I let the tears roll - for all the sad and all the great and all the resolve I have to make 2008 another blockbuster.

No comments: