Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas in My Hood

Tis the Season for The Gifts to circulate in my neighborhood.

I see the cars drive up the street and stop house by house, stopping for just a few minutes and moving on. It's interesting to see how they stop on the left and stop on the right. Mine will be skipped. It always is.

One neighbor, one, has really ever really paid any attention to me.

A couple stop by now and again, but I don't even know their names, or where they live. There's always a tie to the church when they stop by. I don't think their interest is in me, as they always attempt to commiserate about my singleness or job. I feel like it is always a campaign for my membership and not my friendship.

Fortunately, it's only where I live. Not the rest of my friends or co-workers. In fact there, it is quite the opposite. Must just be the particular 'hood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not just your neighborhood. Its every neighborhood in Happy Valley! It is nice not to be bothered though! Im glad my children don't live here though. That would be hard seeing them treated as outcasts.