Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Another Set of Projects

The craft closet has been a storage hut for the last two years. When my daughter moved out, I said I was going to get it set up nicely (half the shelves are still empty!). It got pushed down on my to-do list....one of those "out of sight, out of mind" things.

I started hauling things out of boxes tonight and out of the closet into the office. That will motivate me to get it done. I hate junk in my work space. I'm sorting and tossing and organizing.
I got more done than I planned tonight as SweetStuff was supposed to bring my kitchen table back and didn't. (BUTTHEAD).

My other project, ME, is going well. I found a GREAT site to track calories and exercise. There are two additional features on this site that are going to DRIVE me to success (there's a reason I sold advertising for so long and so well). One is each day it rates your nutrition (caloric and food intake). The first day I got a B-, the last few A's. I want to be valedictorian of weight loss.

The other feature is based on what I want to lose and how much I ate and/or worked out. It is a target date of when my goal should be achieved. Eat more the date extends. Work out less and the date moves to the right. Eat well, work out, the dates moves in. YES!!! Here date, date, date. Come this way. Come to mama.

If I'd only I'd stopped eating like I was walking 30 miles a day when I got back from Spain, I wouldn't be having to deal with this right now.

Mexico will REQUIRE my strength so the added bonus of working out in preparation is dangling in front of me (and moving that date to the left). I know what those buckets of cement and rocks weigh and how many I've got to haul. I know the effort it takes to bend rebar and lift cement roof tiles above my head. And....after all these years, I'll get my little brass angels.

No comments: