Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tax Rebate

I've been watching the tax rebate devlopments. I think I'm "there", finally. By "there", I mean, I'm not greedily awaiting the money to be handed to me. Meaning, I know the government wants me to spend it, but I'm at a point that I might, and I might not. I am at a point that an extra $300, $600, or $900, or whatever I will qualify for, will be gravy.

I will probably spend it - on a trip somewhere. $900 would get me to France and home. And that wouldn't be giving it away outside of the US, as the company I use is based here. Maybe I will save it and give it to a handyman (no, not the free, naked one) I'm sure to need at some point in the future. Maybe I'll save it for the merlot Miata that I'm dreaming of having. Maybe I'll give a chunk away to someone more deserving - I do that sometimes too. Maybe a little bit of all of it.

My point here is that I've been given the grace to realize that I'm in a good place right now and thankful for it. To all the people, opportunities and God-watching-over-me caring that I've been blessed with - thank you.

And thank you to our government for giving this out, as I also remember the days, when this meant a dinner and a movie out, making a credit card payment on time, replacing a car part, clothes for the girls, real Popscicles, etc. I remember the challenges, I remember the breaks.

To anyone reading this that truly understands the last paragraph - plug away, work hard, have faith, it can get better. It just takes time, belief and dedication. You CAN do it.

No comments: