Thursday, January 24, 2008

Game Off!

I love the game Bejeweled. I have it on my phone. Sometimes I play it just before I go to sleep....instead of reading a book. The other day I found myself the timed version during commericals (I was trying to work). Then while a real show was on.

Time to stop.

Even though I'm giving it maybe 15 minutes or a half hour or an hour of my day, I could be:
1) Doing the work I brought home to do.
2) Enjoying the program I intended to watch.
3) Reading a magazine
4) Reading my books - I have two going and they are very good.
5) Just go to sleep.

Last night I "stepped away from the phone". I got way ahead in my work, watched the show I wanted to watch and only played just before falling asleep. Tonight I'lll make the big break to reading again. It does so much more for me including making me a more interesting person - there's only so much depth that can be discussed with Bejeweled.

No comments: