Sunday, January 06, 2008

Wipe Out

I don't know whether to call this post Wipe Out or Ass Over Tea Kettle.

My sledding slopes are crap despite all this snow. Just after yesterday's snow subsided some teens came with snowboards and shovels and made themselves a trail. There isn't much snow and what is there, iced over. And...in the bowl is a huge iced puddle. The bowl has always been what slowed us to a stop.

So today I think I feel the need for speed.

The first run, I dig my hand into the trail to stop before the pudde and found myself stopped but with my feet over my head. The second run, better more of the same and managed to miss the boy-made ice mogul, pounded my butt on an ice something and then thumped my head on the ground. The third run went fine (of course there was a third run - you think I'm going to let that itty bitty park defeat me?). Now I'll go take some ibuprophen. OUCH!

No comments: