Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Cold Night, Happy Tummy, Bizzy Brain

Before it slicked up again tonight I decided to put my marathon shoveling to good use. I took a run to the grocery store. I was sure I was going to be a candidate for scurvy if I didn't get some fresh foods into my house. (This is what happens to me when I stop eating chocolate.)

After whipping up the breakfast bars I mentioned before (homemade almond butter), my mind started toying with other flavor combinations. That one called for bananas. Tonight I did a peach/vanilla. It needs some work - the vanilla played too major a role. I also did an apple one. Now that one, (still baking) has some potential. I was planning on using apple sauce, but forgot and peeled apples. I think I nailed it though. Even if I don't hit these right on - it's a good start. All the things in them are good and good for me, so leaning a little one way or the other on a flavor won't sideline me.

I baked a spaghetti squash tonight too. Finishing that off for leftovers is like getting a can of silly string. You can't help but have fun with it.

I finished up my Valentine gifts the other day. Nice to have that done. All are wrapped too. The Christams tree is down, decorations almost all put away.

I'm having a little struggle. I've been following the blogs of two American women who have relocated to Spain. One has opened an alburgue, the other, I'm not sure yet. One comes from the same field of work that I'm (peripherally) in. Both are former Camino walkers. I could understand my thoughts if it were October and I still had dust on my boots. This is January and the yearn has not subsided.

I had two great things happen today. I had a long call with a customer and I LOVE working directly with customers. The other was this evening. My grandson told me I was beautiful and CUTE! I complimented him on how well he's been listening and going to take his bath and going to bed without cajoling. He hugged me and told me I was good too - I cleaned up the mess I made in the kitchen without being told to do so.

2 comments:

Mama Durf said...

Ya, my grandson embarrased me to death at KFC...I had gone to pick him up and the roads were particularly icy. I was griping and grumbling about people (idiots) going to fast, following to closely, and going in the the ditch. When we got to KFC he told the woman taking our order that there were woman idiots going to fast and going in the ditch! I truned around and told him that I didn't say anything about a wman driver...laughed about that one all evening!

Anonymous said...

Youthful minds, truthful minds.