Saturday, January 19, 2008

Best Purchase Of 2007

Outside of my backpack and my airline ticket for France/Spain last year the best purchase I made was for my Cuisinart Food Processor. Thanks to Bed Bath and Beyond's coupon offering, this was well under $100.

I use it ALL the time. ALL the time. I used to think that it would require more clean up than results - WRONG. I'm eating healthier and better (taste) for having it.

Today was homemade hummus. I've done this before with the potato masher. Withe the f.p. I could monitor the taste as I went along, adjusting as needed. The consistency is that of silk. I didn't need to add any oil to make it flavorable and non-chunky.

I made a basic hummus and one with red peppers. I noted how I did it (my own recipe-squeak!). I used jarred peppers because I found them buried in the fridge next to the tahini. Next time I'll roast my own - it is so simple and tastes much nuttier and richer.

Another new for me today - instead of whipping out the pita bread to be my hummus scraper - I used a celery stick. The hummus was so rich, I enjoyed the stick for a change.

No comments: