Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weather Break!

I soooooooooooooooooooo needed the weather break we had today. I spent part of the day basking in the sunlight coming in my windows - just like my cats.

I also knew it was time for some EXERCISE! I didn't feel like walking so I volunteered....to shovel my friend's driveway and side walk and deck up in "the hills" This was fabulous. A perfect day to be otuside and moving around.

The driveway was nuthin'; the sidewalk a piece of cake (I widened it); the deck was two feet deep in snow. The deck was great, scoop and then up and over the railing. An hour of shoveling is about 1/3 days worth of calories - I love the opportunity to shovel.

The shoveling though was a deposit towards wine club. What a fun bunch of people. The events are heating up as we head into the primaries. This year is going to be a great, great year. We have Dems; we have Republicans and we have opinions.

No comments: