Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tide Pools

I was going to post about the ebbs and flows (tides) of thinking about the Camino and my Camino friends. At first, I would described this week as being similar to a rising tide. Everyone seemed to need to bunch up and recall our journeys. Some wanted to know if they got their lessons right. Some just wanted to talk about it again. And with some, we're plotting our reunions. I've even maintained a little correspondence with a daughter of one the hospitalerios whom I've very fond of, that doesn't speak English nor own a computer. His daughter and I seem to have a lot in common. Soon, too, she's coming to the US and I hope I can meet up with her. It would be wonderful to meet his family. He took such good care of me that day in Granon.

Really though, I realized this isn't about tides, it is about TIDE POOLS. Those wonderful little puddles left behind after the tide recedes that are, if you look closely, animated with life. That's what I have here....an active, vibrant and diverse tide pool (community) that has continued after the tide (Camino).

How joyful. How comforting. How sustaining.

No comments: