Sunday, August 12, 2007

Beautiful Sunday

I slept late this morning.

Once I got up and out of the hotel, I found a beautiful park and walked around the lake there. Later I found the BBQ I was looking for. (More sweet tea, banana pudding and hushpuppies.) Took lunch back to the park and ate in the gazebo in the middle of the lake. The BBQ was not the same as other places in the south, but equally as good. Bonus find today - a Sams club and in that fine building was Sonny's BBQ sauce. I bought two half gallons to take home.

I took a nice nap too. I must have been running on empty because the time difference isn't affecting me - I'm using both time zones to their full advantage. LOL.

I found a trail, but late in the day. Wished I'd found it yesterday for this morning. The hotel didn't tell me it was here :(

I was sitting in the hotel gazebo this evening - perfect temp and weather.

Traveling lets me see TV channels (and the time to do so) that I normally don't see. Gene Simmons has a reality show. He and his wife are good parents. This episode he's with his daughter in Paris because some guy in London wanted her to model. Was fun to see the Paris sites including the restaurant they were meeting it - Les Deux Magots. Funnier - they went in December as I last did - the Christmas tree is in the square at Notre Dame. Been there!

Such a nice day - about time to wrap it up :)Only one more Sunday in the States.

No comments: