Saturday, August 04, 2007

Shifting Gears

More driving...funny.

I down-shifted today. I only need one cell phone. I've been sharing a service with my daughter since she was in high school. She'd graduated and I have a cell phone for my job. Time to lighten up my purse and fatten up my pocket book. Service transferred - time to close out the phone.

I went through it - writing down numbers I need to move, looking at numbers I didn't know I still had and eeking out numbers that I wished had came up on my screen now and again. Oh well. I cleaned out messages. I had kept some very romantic ones from late last year. And some from earlier this year that broke my heart to read again. But like the need for this phone, time passes and life moves on. I looked through the pictures - time to erase my picture with Davey Jones (Monkees). Pictures of my grandson will have to move on too. He's much older now and I have many that I can carry in other ways.

I cancelled 75% of my cable today too. I don't watch but about an hour of it a month. True, I won't be able to do Law and Order marathons, but the reality is, I haven't for a year or so anyway. I'll spend the money on books - or rent a movie if I really want to sit for a spell.

In a few weeks I will begin a new era of me. I will be different. I hope as much lighter as I will be in bodyfat, I hope I will be I will be in heart and in want. Perhaps the exercises of today will be preparing me for the person who will emerge from this event.

No comments: