Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Friendship II

Today being Sushi Tuesday, found a bunch of us going out to lunch. The group had again morphed and included my daughter. Conversation inevitibly turned to my trip....my send off and return. Oh the return will be blogable - let me tell you.

To honor my dear (and slighty CRAZY) friends I found these quotes:

"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Words are the empty actions of the heart, but actions are the words of the heart."
Submitted by Mikel Tucker
"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies."
Aristotle
"The best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake."
Aristotle
"The only way to have a friend is to be one."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
You all are my inspiration, my strength, my joy and my reward. Thank you all - so very, very much. And to those sitting near us...I'm so very very sorry if we disturbed you with our laughter and joy - NOT!

No comments: