Sunday, August 26, 2007

Can't Do It

I need to do some work stuff today. I can't. I have the work, I have a deadline and I can't get into gear. So I'm going to switch gears. Keep going with my weekend, plow through the chores I have left for the trip. I'll go to bed early and into the office early and stay there until it is done. I didn't say when on Monday I would turn my project in. It is a dangerous stone to throw because my job is so dynamic...but I'm going to toss it out there anyway.

It is thundering and raining and throwing a hailstone or two every few minutes. I'm having a much better time sitting on my porch watching nature play around. And...because of the rain, I can scratch watering the lawn off my list of things to do today. The air is cool and flirty feeling. After all the hot weather we've been having, it seems a waste to just let it pass.

I'll let my mind float for a bit while I sip my stateliquorstore imported French wine and dream about the carnival of flavors my tastebuds are about to experience for the next month. I'm trying to recall some French phrases like how to say "thank you", since I'll need it for the better part of a day (to be polite). How on earth could I forget Merci? One of my favorite french words (I only know a handful). It sounds so tinkly and animated when heard in France. My Spanish is still limited, but the pronounciation will be correct for what I figure out how to say. I figure it will hone itself during "the walk".

Whatever comes from the trip now will be what it will be. The trip is now up to St. James and God. The remaining time here will be making sure all left behind in a good state.....work, home, friends, cats, etc. That's my responsibility.

No comments: