Monday, August 27, 2007

Hello Today!

Life changes quickly.

I ran across an email today that I received last November:

Hi Babe,

I’ve been reading your blog for about 20 minutes now. Every day it fills my heart with a greater love and warmth for you as I discover more and more about your soul and your mind. I am the luckiest man in the world to have you in my life. I don’t think it’s possible to appreciate you more, but know tomorrow will bring a new revelation to make that happen.

I absolutely, totally, completely, most assuredly, and unwaveringly Love You Teri (last name removed)! Thank you for the gift of your heart.

(smiley face)
(name)

While at one point in time a few months ago this would have had me unloading a bucket of tears - today it does not. It is what it is - the course was not mine to chart. I'm better for having had the relationship, but really no worse for the wear for not having it now. I learned lessons I would not have otherwise have had the opportunity to learn. I learned that I was still lovable. I was able to understand what really happened to Robert and why I was helpless to "fix" that too. And so the light at the end of the tunnel is another evolution of me -which at the end of the day is the only change I can truly influence. I'm less timid than I was before to be loved and exponentially more appreciative of those that have endured the passage of time and trials and continue to love me.

Hello today! I can't wait to meet tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I still do read your blog. I guess you can decide if no response posted means something or not. I wish we were still friends.

Teri said...

What part of friendship have I failed?

Let's see - I made dinner for YOUR birthday, asked you to dinner 29 days ago-I understand that you already had plans, but you promised to "spend more time with me" - to which you've given that a total of maybe 25 minutes in the course of three office drop bys, we asked you to lunch when Heather was here - and you didn't go, you know there's Sushi Tuesday and you've never gone. You were invited to my birthday party and skipped it. I think we last went to lunch in May???

Where are you in the friendship equasion? Nowhere to be found.

I can see why you wish were were still friends.

Anonymous said...

We can SEE we can SEE!!!! The light at the end of your tunnel IS all about YOU! YOU! YOU! Pssst.... buddy? Run like hell. The light at the end of your tunnel is attached to the front of a TRAIN... Signed, Mr. D

ps. Teri? Loan that same boot to Wendell!