Saturday, August 25, 2007

Irony

My daughter came down to see me this weekend. Her fiance didn't come - they decided to take separate trips.

She expressed her disappointment in his actions because he often spends time outside on the phone with other people, doesn't ask her to go with him when he goes somewhere, and he spends a lot of time on the computer which doesn't invite interaction between the two of them. She commented about feeling unappreciated because she'd been getting groceries after working long hours and making sure there were nice meals on the table.

This morning we went together to do shopping for her son for school. This afternoon she worked on the computer, spent several hours on the phone, and just left without a word to go out for the night with a friend. She's mentioned doing the same tomorrow with another friend.

She'd sent me the nicest note earlier this week and I was really looking forward to her coming to see me. I had worked very hard this week to be ready for my trip so I could spend time with her this weekend. I turned down some other invites so we could be together. I took them out for breakfast and dinner.

I can honestly say I completely understand how she feels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She needs to dump his sorry ass cuz somebody's getting the attention that she should be getting from him. She needs to drop him like a penny into a wishing well. *Ka-BLAM* Thow his dog-ass out.

YOU GO, WENDELL! BE STRONG!! YOU DESERVE BETTAH!